Display of laptop gets brown when looked from side (please help) [IPS, 40.6 cm (16 "), WUXGA (1920 x 1200), 400 Nits, 100% sRGB, Intel Iris Xᵉ-Graphi]

Hi all
I would like to ask permission for me to write in English, please do not remove it, thanks
You can answer to me in German, I will understand

I hope you could help me.

I have got a new laptop, colors are great, I have done basic tests for displays the results are also acceptable. Including test for bleeding and dimming

I can look at colorful pictures and videos straight and from sides (changing angels), everything is fine...

But there is one strange thing I can explain in the following way:

When I start the above mentioned video and stop it almost at early beginning to have fully black collared screen: I look at a fully black colored display, it is completely black, but when I look from the side, or from above (changing angle), the black color gets brown, light brown or even dark red (I have attached pictures).

It occurs in both light and in a dark room. In a dark room it is more noticeable.

If I put brightness level to minimum it is almost completely black, and does not get brown ...

My display panel is IPS, 40.6 cm (16 "), WUXGA (1920 x 1200), 400 Nits, 100% sRGB, Intel Iris Xᵉ-Graphic-card, Laptop name is HP EliteBook 860 G9

HP EliteBook 860 G9 Laptop-PC - HP Store Deutschland

The same test with exactly the same video stopping at the beginning I did the test with my old mac book pro (2018), the similar problem exists as well, but I would say about 30-40% less noticeable ,being more detailed if I look at screen from side it less noticeable, but if I look at display from above it is the same noticeable.
The same here the higher lightness I do increase the more noticeable problem become on my old mac book as well
Additionally I see on the screen of this mac book pro the partially visible grid which is slightly green which I do not see on the screen of my new laptop.

Questions are:

Is options in Windows 11 that I can change to remove or minimize this problem?
Is it a low quality panel? or defective panel? or it is typical for IPS panels?
Shall I replace this laptop? or is this problem with this type of panel?

Thanks for your answers and your support

Anhänge

• DSC_0000_BURST20230107024539193_COVER.JPG
    DSC_0000_BURST20230107024539193_COVER.JPG
    986,7 KB · Aufrufe: 155
  • DSC_0000_BURST20230107024550669_COVER.JPG
    DSC_0000_BURST20230107024550669_COVER.JPG
    1,1 MB · Aufrufe: 156
Could be just a case of severe IPS glow or backlight bleeding. You can check here and here if an improvement is possible for your notebook. You can expect these issues on every (IPS-)panel to a certain degree (as with your MacNook Pro). If your notebook is a severe case for this specific model or not can only be judged when comparing it to other identical equipped 850 G9 machines (as tolerances are also playing a part). I'm not sure if the problem qualifies as a warranty item, therefore you might need to check directly with HP (in case you are already out of the return period for it).

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: AnthonioSanders
schneup schrieb:
Could be just a case of severe IPS glow or backlight bleeding. You can check here and here if an improvement is possible for your notebook. You can expect these issues on every (IPS-)panel to a certain degree (as with your MacNook Pro). If your notebook is a severe case for this specific model or not can only be judged when comparing it to other identical equipped 850 G9 machines (as tolerances are also playing a part). I'm not sure if the problem qualifies as a warranty item, therefore you might need to check directly with HP (in case you are already out of the return period for it).
Thanks for your opinion, I have this laptop only couple of days, I have the right to return or replace it .

Why do you think so? From your experience?
I have bought from HP online Shop Germany

When I will return it, it will take around 10 days to get money back - no?
And after to buy new one 2-3 days for delivery.

I thought when I choose to replace they will send new one once they will receive my current one.

Am I wrong? what I do not know or understand?
I need new laptop as soon as possible, for me it is important.

I have bought it with a good discount, I had special discount, that's way I wanted just to replace it

And in general: schall I mention about defect what I have found?

How better approach to get "replacement" during about a week and keep discount, so for the same price?

Thanks for your opinion and maybe experience.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Please correct me, if i'm wrong:

In Germany you can send back products you've bought via internet within 14 days. Without giving a reason. The product should be nearly flawless, that's all. This process is legal.
At the end, you get your money back.

In Germany you have also a legal warranty about 2 years, where the product should be free from failure from production. First six months the dealer has to prove that failure is not from production. After six months you as customer has to prove that failure is from production.
The dealer has the legal right to (let) repair the same failure three times.

Everything else is optional and voluntary by producer or dealer.

Hope it's now clear for you, why someone prefer the first variant.
But it's your decision.

john.smiles schrieb:
If you want black, real black, then choose a laptop with OLED display.
I have heard OLED are serious burning in and burning out issues
Is this still the case ? At now a days, expecially for mostly office work and coding.

What is recommended level brightness is in case IPS, 40.6 cm (16 "), WUXGA (1920 x 1200), 400 Nits, 100% sRGB, Intel Iris Xᵉ-Graphic-card, Laptop name is HP EliteBook 860 G9
I f you have experience please just express your opinion
Thanks

Zurück
Oben