Do i really need upping memory voltage ?:) BF 5 crash question.

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hi my pc.

9900K stock turbo 4.7 . All auto settings in bios. VOLTAGE on AUTO.

Noctua NH-D15 .Temps 60-70C

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP

Corsair 850RmX

Aorus 2080 Ti Xtreme , no oc,stock.

All stress tests passing fine. I dont have any crashes in game.

But few days ago, i go out to work, and i left running game BF 5. When i back,game was running 13 hours,and in 14 hour ( it was 3 am ) it crashed to desktop. Event viewer nothing said. No error message,no display crash. Just exit to desktop.

Game just was on 14 hours,and after moment it go to desktop withour error message. I dont touch anything,game was in campaign mode,when character is standing on the same place.

Now i am testing again and see if i can reproduce, but i cant. I am currently on 100 hour and not crashed again.

LOG:

It happened once after 14 hours be in game.

APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ_NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE_INVALID_POINTER_READ_ FAILURE_PROBLEM_CLASS: APPLICATION_FAULT FAILURE_SYMBOL_NAME: bfv.exe!UnknownEXCEPTION_RECORD: (.exr -1) ExceptionAddress: 0000000145de184d (bfv+0x0000000005de184d) ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation) ExceptionFlags: 00000000 NumberParameters: 2 Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000 Parameter[1]: 0000000000000038 Attempt to read from address 0000000000000038 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ

BUGCHECK_STR: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ_NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE_INVALID_POINTER_READ

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ_c0000005_bfv.exe!Unknown

BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ_NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE_INVALID_POINTER_READ_bfv+5de184d

Somebody said:" "Try to slightly increase your DRAM Voltage (something between +0,015v and +0,050v)! I would bet that the problem is solved after that. I saw a few users before having exact the same problem with the Hero XI and G.Skill Ram as u. Please inform us if it worked!"

But i run memtest86 8.2 for 4 passes no errors, and RAM TEST overnight no errors.

Thx

I do not think the game is designed for unlimited playtime without restart.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Baal Netbeck
With modern Boards normaly it is not necessary to pull up RAM Voltage (rather when all banks are fitted), but you can try it from 0,1V to 0,2V max. Otherwise, when the problem does't come out again, you should be happy and leave the RAMs as they are.

I wouldn't change anything if you had just one crash within 100+ hours. Sometimes programs crash no software is perfect and 14 hours straight could be just some minor memory leak bug or something that could cause a invalid memory read because it tries to read a wrong memory address.
So I wouldn't worry too much about a single crash after 14 hours playtime without a game restart. And that it only crashed itself and not the whole system might be another indication.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Baal Netbeck und K3ks
oki thank you :)So leave voltage auto for ram

Putting that much effort in investigating just a single crash of a game is a complete waste of time. Just leave everything as is and continue playing. If the game crashes more frequently or under reproductable circumstances, you should try to find the reason for this. But since your game only crashed once this in completely unnecessary.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: K3ks
Zurück
Oben