USB C DOCK

tttthhhh

Hello, so I am new to the whole dock situation. I own a Legion Y740 and recently decided to use it as my primary computer up till now it was used mostly for travel and when I got home I would switch to a desktop. Now that is no longer an option so bought a dock so I could replicate that feeling. I bought a Totu TT-DC001A. I hooked it up and all the ports but the video output ports (HDMIx2 and display port) functioned as expected. I then went online to find drivers figuring that was the issue. I found downloads for display link manager but it still will not detect the plugged-in, monitor. What am I missing?

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Could you please provide more information about the used Docking-Solution in fact? A product link or a datasheet about it would be very helpful.
Google is not very helpful around here, for my side it's mainly showing alternatives than a specific manufacturers manual or Product Sheet.

I would suppose it could be an issue with the handling and not assuming that you want to duplicate or expand another screen with that single USB-C connection but for that we need more information how that display you missing is trying to be connected to the Laptop you own.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Yes I used the bottom USB c port on the dock it has an image of a laptop next to it.

And which cable? You also need one that supports video aka all Thunderbolt 3 advertised cables.

I believe so I ordered a new cable. I am currently using my wife's USB-C cable that came with her MAC PRO 2018. Though I just tried to connect her laptop to the dock and it is having the same issue. Thank you for the support I hope that is all it is. I will follow up once I have another cable to test it with.

Yeah, I don‘t think the charging cable from Apple supports displayport alternate mode, but I haven‘t tested it so far.

If two devices don't work with the Hub, i would send it back. Even the cheapest usb-c hub should give a picture plug and play.

Maybe go for a refurbished Thunderbolt Dock from the big OEMs. Dell TB16 for example, Lenovo and HP have some too.

The cable is suspiciously named charging cable, maybe it is not a regular TB3 one - couldn't filter the comments.

This one works with video, but due to its length not with full data transmission speed
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07JK4F95B/

I got the dock to work the port on the dock is just touchy.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: M4ttX
Zurück
Oben