Sammelthread Big Navi RX 6700XT/6800(XT)/6900XT Overclocking/Undervolting

cra3khead schrieb:
I doubt they run those settings 24/7
You are right! (Lyero is also@air)
Most of them need only 180W@24/7. (x)

Games are not so watt demanding then TS.

(x) may be there is a good 24/7 -180W setting between the 200W and the 150W setting possible
for information, the 150W setting of Lyero with more less soc+fclk needs only 825mV@soc
with the same 1000mV@gfx but lower maxClock, may be at this point max clock rules the watt
(the VramClock is very low <default, ... only for this TS-150W special usecase)

GerryB schrieb:
Lyero use maxClock 2360MHz@1000mV
may be, this works also with 180W as good 24/7 boost setting, for safety 1006mV?
eff. 2300MHz boost clock with a little bit Vram-OCing should be enough, to reach nearly 6900ref. performance

edit:
Hab mal bei mir noch 6mV im MPT draufgepackt 900-->906mV, weil evtl. die UE5 viel mehr boostet als z.Bsp. der PR !?
(2233MHz Boost bei maxTakt 2275MHz ist schon ganz schön happig, ... deutlich mehr als Was man so gewohnt ist,
gerade in der neuen Bodycam Demo)

Anhänge

• Lyero@150W.jpg
    Lyero@150W.jpg
    1,7 MB · Aufrufe: 17
  • 6900-GameClocks.JPG
    6900-GameClocks.JPG
    77 KB · Aufrufe: 17
  • PR@2275_906-821.jpg
    PR@2275_906-821.jpg
    336,1 KB · Aufrufe: 15
  • Fractured Mind  Demo _2024.06.22-10.43.jpg
    Fractured Mind Demo _2024.06.22-10.43.jpg
    362,9 KB · Aufrufe: 14
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Evgasüchtiger
I would do without the 3 to 4 fps and would rather have a quiet and cool card. I would aim for the 993mv @ 2360mhz @ PL 230w.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: GerryB
GerryB schrieb:
Hab mal bei mir noch 6mV im MPT draufgepackt 900-->906mV, weil evtl. die UE5 viel mehr boostet als z.Bsp. der PR !?
I noticed that as well when I was playing Bodycam and Still Wakes the Deep with FSR 3 on; they boost like 20Mhz more on average than in regular titles.

I think i'll stick with 1050mv/2565Mhz then, but I don't know why such two extremes, either very low wattage and low clocks, and such high clocks with undervolt. Wouldn't you want to have 24/7 in the middle. Where you enjoy both high performance and wattage lower than stock?

Screenshot 2024-06-22 155329.png

When I run FT2, it's stable for like an hour in Witcher 3 with RTX on no Frame Gen, but then after the hour or so, my system will crash in the same way it would crash if I had my DDR5 speed set too high. Is the crash due to not having enough voltage (if so, what voltages should I set) or because the vram is heating up too much? I never used to pay attention to the vram temperature because when I had my system in an ATX case, I would have an 80mm fan on the backplate of the GPU to cool the vram.

Not so easy to answer, because nobody use your high temps.
@First try less DPM3 = 1069 with Vram 2138

@Second try a Fps-Limit to cool your System. (and AFMF works also good)
Then you will see if the crash repeats.

btw.
In W3 would I prefer to use only RT-AO.
there are not so much Reflections and Shadows that needs really RT

Anhänge

• W3@AFMF_RT-AOperf.jpg
    W3@AFMF_RT-AOperf.jpg
    1,3 MB · Aufrufe: 13
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
GerryB schrieb:
Not so easy to answer, because nobody use your high temps.
@First try less DPM3 = 1069 with Vram 2138
When I keep to 1050mv the temps are not as high as in my 300 watt attempts. I've realized that the flashy Time Spy high score isn't a realistic 24/7 use case. So 22300 at 280 watts is fine for me, but for some reason in games I get less fps than the 300 watt setting, even though the Time Spy scores aren't much different.

Would VDDCI at 725mv be enough for it to be stable without having to drop clocks and not introduce much heat?
GerryB schrieb:
@Second try a Fps-Limit to cool your System. (and AFMF works also good)
Then you will see if the crash repeats.
I always cap my fps and use FSR when possible, but I don't use Frame Gen or AFMF as much as I mostly play multiplayer games. My refresh rate is 110hz on a 1440 UW, and I always like playing with the quality settings maxed out, which is why I try to get high boost clock settings.

GerryB schrieb:
btw.
In W3 would I prefer to use only RT-AO.
there are not so much Reflections and Shadows that needs really RT
I use the ray tracing performance mods on Nexus with only RTAO and Shadows. I get around 70–80 fps. I try using AFMF, but it looks like shit. I know I should use the Frame Gen mod, but I only use W3 to test the overclock stability now.

cra3khead schrieb:
Would VDDCI at 725mv be enough for it to be stable without having to drop clocks and not introduce much heat?
why so big steps?
try first 706mV and/or 1256...1262mV

btw.
DPM3=1069 is not soo much slower then 1070

You have to find the stable point, there helps 2MHz less and 6...12mV+ at the instable value.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: cra3khead
GerryB schrieb:
You have to find the stable point, there helps 2MHz less and 6...12mV+ at the instable value.
Has any program been made to quickly test vram stability yet? I heard memtestcl is unreliable. I need something like Karhu specifically for vram. Otherwise, it'll take a while to test out to see if a crash happens. Thanks for the help, though I'll check to see if it works.
GerryB schrieb:
btw.
DPM3=1069 is not soo much slower then 1070
I just realized I probably can't go lower than 2140 because the effective sometimes drops to -14mhz, which would put me at 2124. If it goes lower, it will drop a timing strap, which could cause a whole other instability issue.

Would the 706/1262 voltages work for 2140 by themselves?

Normally the PR use the Vram good and with to high Clock or less Volt you will get the hardCrash.
With the fullversion 3dMark as Loop usefull.

But,
the other Problem is the usage of the vram
only some Games use soo much GB as available, ... then crashs later

and it´s difficult to verify if the SOC or Vram crashs

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
cra3khead schrieb:
Would the 706/1262 voltages work for 2140 by themselves?
Check the latest edit to my previous comment.
GerryB schrieb:
Normally the PR use the Vram good and with to high Clock or less Volt you will get the hardCrash.
With the fullversion 3dMark as Loop usefull.
I'm just not trying to pay for a number generator; that just makes me feel bad about my purchasing decision for a GPU :D
GerryB schrieb:
and it´s difficult to verify if the SOC or Vram crashs
I doubt it's the SOC; the voltage and frequency you gave me are solid. It's just a matter of me trying to get FT2 stable; I don't think SOC has much of an effect on vram timings.

but you have sooooo much time to talk in some threads
but not 5 dollars

eat a burger less

cra3khead schrieb:
I doubt it's the SOC; the voltage and frequency you gave me are solid. It's just a matter of me trying to get FT2 stable; I don't think SOC has much of an effect on vram timings.
would be interesting how much volt lower soc 906...900...893mV works@less clock?
may be helps the HOTSPOT, with this Lyero-Style-Setting

Unbenannt.jpg

should be not so much slower in real games

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
GerryB schrieb:
would be interesting how much volt lower soc 906...900...893mV works@less clock?
For some reason, performance in games drops significantly when I drop the Fclk below 1850; I have no idea why. Mainly lower 1% lows.

I don't think I'd be able to run 2138 at FT2 because the lowest effective clock would be 2122, which puts it into a different timing strap bracket, causing another issue entirely.

cra3khead schrieb:
For some reason, performance in games drops significantly when I drop the Fclk below 1850; I have no idea why. Mainly lower 1% lows.
Ok, ... then fclk 1850 with SOC 933MHz at lower Volts, may be 950...943...937...931mV !?
Is exactly 1850MHz the breakeven or may be fclk1845...1840 with SOC 924MHz ?
This is interesting, if the SOC-Volts depends on this.
cra3khead schrieb:
I don't think I'd be able to run 2138 at FT2 because the lowest effective clock would be 2122, which puts it into a different timing strap bracket, causing another issue entirely.
Is this rare extra Dip really so often, that the Vram chrashs, or what happens with DPM3 1069 and Vram set 2140...2142MHz in the Adrenalin-Driverpaneel or MCT?
Normally 1069x2=2138MHz - 12MHz is eff. 2126MHz, in the same Timingstrap.(>2124)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
GerryB schrieb:
Is exactly 1850MHz the breakeven or may be fclk1845...1840 with SOC 924MHz ?
This is interesting, if the SOC-Volts depends on this.
I think the breakeven point may be >1850. I used the same 975mv SOC to test it, if that means anything.
GerryB schrieb:
what happens with DPM3 1069 and Vram set 2140...2142MHz in the Adrenalin-Driverpaneel or MCT?
How would that be any different if the Vram clock is set to 2140 anyway? What difference occurs when setting DPM3 to 1069 rather than 1070 and then still setting it to 2140? I'll try it. I just don't understand the reasoning for it. I tried the voltages 706/1262 last night, and I think it might be stable now that I hadn't received a hard crash, just a bug report, but that usually never shows up, so I think it's because I'm using a driver meant only for Navi 31.
GerryB schrieb:
You are right! (Lyero is also@air)
OlLijcr2.png

I've just seen his 300-watt setting; how does he keep his card so cool? He also won the lottery on that bin; that's a really good card for the settings he's able to use.

What's the point of setting the Lclk to 800MHz? What does it do? I've tried it before and put it at like 640MHz from the standard 619 and got maybe a point of a percent improvement, possibly placebo. I know it has something to do with the Pci Bus; I use a Gen 4 riser now if that changes anything. When I played with the setting, I had the card directly on the motherboard.

I also noticed he uses the XTXH bios mod to get the piecewise voltage curve working on his XTX; Lucky ;) !

GerryB schrieb:
what happens with DPM3 1069 and Vram set 2140...2142MHz in the Adrenalin-Driverpaneel or MCT?
I just tried this, and I had lower FPS and then a crash midway through Steel Nomad. It was weird how a small change could cause that. I'm going to try my previous settings with 700/1262 now to see if that configuration hard crashes. 706/1262, I'm pretty sure, is stable.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
my bad, he is on water
Lyero has a XTXH and use the LC-Bios.

I don´t believe that Lclk runs really@800,may be intern???, ... yes, it should something sync with PCiE.
may be 633 runs fine@4.0, ... with my old 3.0 is also higher like 666 stable.
This depends on the motherboard.

I would do no experiments with this.

to the vram clock:
FT2@my volts are not enough to play@2150MHz (x)
therefore its useful to try some 2...4...6...8...10...12MHz less

also 2138 or 2140 can make the difference in your setting

(x)with the 24/7 lower volt setting it´s the same, 2068 is a little bit to much and so only 2066 works

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: cra3khead
Zurück
Oben